Infotainment Factory: Bennett puts end to 'rumours and innuendo'

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, 23 November 2018

Bennett puts end to 'rumours and innuendo'


//

Wayne Bennett claims he's been given assurances by Brisbane he won't be sacked as coach and will remain at the helm for one final season in 2019.

Bennett, who has already signed to join South Sydney in 2020 in a swap with Anthony Seibold, reportedly met with Broncos bosses on Saturday morning to discuss his future.

The veteran coach has long insisted he wanted to spend one last year at Brisbane and even began pre-season training with the group.

He said on Saturday that would still be the case.

"I will be coaching the Broncos in 2019," Bennett told the Courier Mail.

"I've met with the chairman and we are now on the same page. I won't be sacked, I've been given that assurance by Karl Morris.

"I've always intended on honouring my contract and I'm glad this all has been sorted. I'll be at the Broncos next season."

Bennett signs with Souths

The news will shine a spotlight on the Rabbitohs with Seibold still contracted to remain at the club for next season.

There had been reports of the Souths coach falling out of favour with the playing group over his decision to leave, suggestions he has strongly denied on his return to pre-season training.

"It was always sorted out in my mind. I had never wavered about the fact that I did not want to leave the Broncos but it is nice that the chairman has said again, as he did in the past, that I am here until 2019," Bennett told NRL.com.

"There were a lot of rumours and innuendo flying around but the bottom line is that he has put that to rest and we can all move forward."

Wayne Bennett claims he's been given assurances by Brisbane he won't be sacked as coach and will remain at the helm for one final season in 2019.

Bennett, who has already signed to join South Sydney in 2020 in a swap with Anthony Seibold, reportedly met with Broncos bosses on Saturday morning to discuss his future.

The veteran coach has long insisted he wanted to spend one last year at Brisbane and even began pre-season training with the group.

He said on Saturday that would still be the case.

"I will be coaching the Broncos in 2019," Bennett told the Courier Mail.

"I've met with the chairman and we are now on the same page. I won't be sacked, I've been given that assurance by Karl Morris.

"I've always intended on honouring my contract and I'm glad this all has been sorted. I'll be at the Broncos next season."

Bennett signs with Souths

The news will shine a spotlight on the Rabbitohs with Seibold still contracted to remain at the club for next season.

There had been reports of the Souths coach falling out of favour with the playing group over his decision to leave, suggestions he has strongly denied on his return to pre-season training.

"It was always sorted out in my mind. I had never wavered about the fact that I did not want to leave the Broncos but it is nice that the chairman has said again, as he did in the past, that I am here until 2019," Bennett told NRL.com.

"There were a lot of rumours and innuendo flying around but the bottom line is that he has put that to rest and we can all move forward."

https://ift.tt/2AgLYCs
//

No comments:

Post a Comment