Infotainment Factory: Johnson eyes swift exit from Warriors

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 26 November 2018

Johnson eyes swift exit from Warriors


//

Star New Zealand halfback Shaun Johnson has reportedly requested an immediate release from the final year of his contract with the Warriors.

Just a day after revealing the club hadn’t yet offered him a contract extension for 2020, Johnson and his management are believed to have met Warriors officials to request a release for 2019.

The New Zealand Herald reports the request was denied, with Warriors boss Cameron George and coach Stephen Kearney insisting the star playmaker see out the remaining 12 months of his contract.

Just yesterday Johnson took to social media to indicate he was “spreading his wings” after club officials declined to offer him a deal for 2020 and beyond.

“If you saw the article that came out a few weeks back ... in a roundabout way they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then, they have told me again at this stage they won’t be offering me anything,” Johnson wrote on Facebook.

“That means I get to spread my wings and see what's out there so right now that's what I'm doing!”

The 28-year-old made his debut for the Warriors back in 2011 and has previously expressed a desire to remain a one-club player throughout his career, a wish that now seems unlikely to be fulfilled.

“All of you know how much the Warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love!” Johnson wrote.

Both Parramatta and the Wests Tigers are believed to have room under the salary cap for the star halfback, although the Eels would likely release Mitchell Moses to the Warriors in return for Johnson.

More to come.

Star New Zealand halfback Shaun Johnson has reportedly requested an immediate release from the final year of his contract with the Warriors.

Just a day after revealing the club hadn’t yet offered him a contract extension for 2020, Johnson and his management are believed to have met Warriors officials to request a release for 2019.

The New Zealand Herald reports the request was denied, with Warriors boss Cameron George and coach Stephen Kearney insisting the star playmaker see out the remaining 12 months of his contract.

Just yesterday Johnson took to social media to indicate he was “spreading his wings” after club officials declined to offer him a deal for 2020 and beyond.

“If you saw the article that came out a few weeks back ... in a roundabout way they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then, they have told me again at this stage they won’t be offering me anything,” Johnson wrote on Facebook.

“That means I get to spread my wings and see what's out there so right now that's what I'm doing!”

The 28-year-old made his debut for the Warriors back in 2011 and has previously expressed a desire to remain a one-club player throughout his career, a wish that now seems unlikely to be fulfilled.

“All of you know how much the Warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love!” Johnson wrote.

Both Parramatta and the Wests Tigers are believed to have room under the salary cap for the star halfback, although the Eels would likely release Mitchell Moses to the Warriors in return for Johnson.

More to come.

https://ift.tt/2r7nibq
//

No comments:

Post a Comment