Infotainment Factory: Mayweather backflips on comeback fight

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Wednesday, 7 November 2018

Mayweather backflips on comeback fight


//

Floyd Mayweather has backflipped on plans to appear in a New Year’s Eve comeback fight against a rising MMA star in Japan, claiming he never agreed to an official bout.

The undefeated fighter made a bizarre appearance at a press conference in Tokyo with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, confirming both men will fight in a bout organised by Japanese MMA promotion - the Rizin Fighting Federation.

The boxing legend even said the weight class and rules were to be nutted out over the next few weeks.

But it appears there must have been disagreement between the two parties because Mayweather has pulled out of the fight because he says he felt blindsided during negotiations.

“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan,” Mayweather wrote.

“Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the Rizin Fighting Federation. What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

“This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘Special Bout’ purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.

“I want to sincerely apologise to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.

“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”

Boxing pundits were initially left bewildered by Mayweather's move, considering he's never fought outside the US in any of the 50 professional fights he's amassed throughout his career.

Floyd Mayweather has backflipped on plans to appear in a New Year’s Eve comeback fight against a rising MMA star in Japan, claiming he never agreed to an official bout.

The undefeated fighter made a bizarre appearance at a press conference in Tokyo with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa, confirming both men will fight in a bout organised by Japanese MMA promotion - the Rizin Fighting Federation.

The boxing legend even said the weight class and rules were to be nutted out over the next few weeks.

But it appears there must have been disagreement between the two parties because Mayweather has pulled out of the fight because he says he felt blindsided during negotiations.

“First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan,” Mayweather wrote.

“Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the Rizin Fighting Federation. What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of ‘One Entertainment’ was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee.

“This exhibition was previously arranged as a ‘Special Bout’ purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.

“I want to sincerely apologise to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval.

“For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.”

Boxing pundits were initially left bewildered by Mayweather's move, considering he's never fought outside the US in any of the 50 professional fights he's amassed throughout his career.

https://ift.tt/2QrRokO
//

No comments:

Post a Comment