Infotainment Factory: Bennett breaks silence on Broncos dismissal

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, 2 December 2018

Bennett breaks silence on Broncos dismissal


//

Legendary coach Wayne Bennett has seemingly broken the silence on the Brisbane Broncos' decision to sack him effective immediately via statement. 

The statement, which was released by the South Sydney Rabbitohs to officially announce Bennett as the club's coach for the 2019, contained some telling quotes from the seven-time premiership winner.

"I'm really pleased it's all resolved and that I can join this great Club with a free mind, knowing I did the right thing by the fans, staff and players," Bennett said in the statement.

"I'm really looking forward to being at South Sydney and working with the players, staff, Board and all of the members.

"It's a wonderful Club, South Sydney, and I feel privileged to have the chance to coach this team."

The Rabbitohs' statement came after Brisbane Broncos chairman Karl Morris and CEO Paul White held a press conference on Sunday evening to announce the club's decision to move on from Bennett.

In the press conference, White explained that the relationship between the 68-year-old and the club had changed to a point where it had become no longer "workable".

"I understand that this is not planned, this is not ideal, but it is the reality," White said.

"We had hoped that there would be an agreed solution to this situation last Friday."

White stated that the Broncos brass and Bennett had held "many long hours of respectful discussions" on how to proceed forward together ahead of the eventual coaching change. 

Bennett's coaching future had been one of the NRL's leading headlines throughout the season, and it was revealed earlier in the year that the power struggle had put a strain on White and Bennett's 34-year friendship.

That was evident on Sunday as White revealed that he had been unable to get Bennett to answer his phone calls, thus resorted to fire his great mate via a voicemail and an email.

The Broncos have since announced that Anthony Seibold will officially take over from Bennett in 2019 and Seibold is expected to speak to the media on Monday.

Legendary coach Wayne Bennett has seemingly broken the silence on the Brisbane Broncos' decision to sack him effective immediately via statement. 

The statement, which was released by the South Sydney Rabbitohs to officially announce Bennett as the club's coach for the 2019, contained some telling quotes from the seven-time premiership winner.

"I'm really pleased it's all resolved and that I can join this great Club with a free mind, knowing I did the right thing by the fans, staff and players," Bennett said in the statement.

"I'm really looking forward to being at South Sydney and working with the players, staff, Board and all of the members.

"It's a wonderful Club, South Sydney, and I feel privileged to have the chance to coach this team."

The Rabbitohs' statement came after Brisbane Broncos chairman Karl Morris and CEO Paul White held a press conference on Sunday evening to announce the club's decision to move on from Bennett.

In the press conference, White explained that the relationship between the 68-year-old and the club had changed to a point where it had become no longer "workable".

"I understand that this is not planned, this is not ideal, but it is the reality," White said.

"We had hoped that there would be an agreed solution to this situation last Friday."

White stated that the Broncos brass and Bennett had held "many long hours of respectful discussions" on how to proceed forward together ahead of the eventual coaching change. 

Bennett's coaching future had been one of the NRL's leading headlines throughout the season, and it was revealed earlier in the year that the power struggle had put a strain on White and Bennett's 34-year friendship.

That was evident on Sunday as White revealed that he had been unable to get Bennett to answer his phone calls, thus resorted to fire his great mate via a voicemail and an email.

The Broncos have since announced that Anthony Seibold will officially take over from Bennett in 2019 and Seibold is expected to speak to the media on Monday.

https://ift.tt/2Q6DTec
//

No comments:

Post a Comment