Infotainment Factory: 'I have had a gutful': Seibold furious at Wayne

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Saturday, 1 December 2018

'I have had a gutful': Seibold furious at Wayne


//

Anthony Seibold has revealed that he told his family they would leave Redfern and relocate in Brisbane when Wayne Bennett confirmed on Friday he would not complete a coach swap for the 2019 NRL season.

Speaking to News Corp, Rabbitohs coach Seibold slammed Bennett for not completing the coach swap between South Sydney and the Broncos a year earlier than their initial 2020 deal with the respective clubs.

Bennett's curve ball announcement was just hours before Brisbane were believed to have organised a press conference to welcome Seibold to the Sunshine State.

"I have had a gutful," Seibold said.

"I've been sitting here for four weeks and feeling like a punching bag. It's not acceptable and it's not fair."

The Rabbitohs' coach said he was told by club hierarchy the change would be happening immediately.

"I told my wife and three daughters we’re leaving. We’ve told the kids twice we’re moving and then twice that we’re staying. They’ve been in tears," Seibold said.

"We’re trying to sort out their schools. It’s really taking its toll on them."

Bennett had previously denied any contact with South players during but Seibold also said the veteran coach had rung Damien Cook, Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess about his plans for the Redfern club before Friday's bombshell.

"Then tells his press conference he hasn’t spoken to anyone," Seibold said. "That’s absolute bulls---."

Bennett goes in hiding

Seibold said that Souths seem to believe a coach swap was the "best thing" but the coach has grown increasingly fed up with the consistent hurdles to finalising the move. He accused Bennett of "playing games", which has taken a toll on their pre-season training plans.

"I’m sick of Wayne carrying on. I’ve bit my tongue and said nothing until now," he said.

“It was all going to be done by December 3. I had a camp planned for the AIS but Wayne wanted an Army camp. I challenged one of my staff members and he told me he’d been told not to pay the deposit with the AIS.

"I just want clarity and so do the players. I feel for the players at both clubs. It’s a joke.

"I’ve still got control with the coaching of the players which is important.

"But everything else has been taken out of my control. My complaint is not about Souths. It’s about Wayne... he’s playing games."

Anthony Seibold has revealed that he told his family they would leave Redfern and relocate in Brisbane when Wayne Bennett confirmed on Friday he would not complete a coach swap for the 2019 NRL season.

Speaking to News Corp, Rabbitohs coach Seibold slammed Bennett for not completing the coach swap between South Sydney and the Broncos a year earlier than their initial 2020 deal with the respective clubs.

Bennett's curve ball announcement was just hours before Brisbane were believed to have organised a press conference to welcome Seibold to the Sunshine State.

"I have had a gutful," Seibold said.

"I've been sitting here for four weeks and feeling like a punching bag. It's not acceptable and it's not fair."

The Rabbitohs' coach said he was told by club hierarchy the change would be happening immediately.

"I told my wife and three daughters we’re leaving. We’ve told the kids twice we’re moving and then twice that we’re staying. They’ve been in tears," Seibold said.

"We’re trying to sort out their schools. It’s really taking its toll on them."

Bennett had previously denied any contact with South players during but Seibold also said the veteran coach had rung Damien Cook, Alex Johnston and Sam Burgess about his plans for the Redfern club before Friday's bombshell.

"Then tells his press conference he hasn’t spoken to anyone," Seibold said. "That’s absolute bulls---."

Bennett goes in hiding

Seibold said that Souths seem to believe a coach swap was the "best thing" but the coach has grown increasingly fed up with the consistent hurdles to finalising the move. He accused Bennett of "playing games", which has taken a toll on their pre-season training plans.

"I’m sick of Wayne carrying on. I’ve bit my tongue and said nothing until now," he said.

“It was all going to be done by December 3. I had a camp planned for the AIS but Wayne wanted an Army camp. I challenged one of my staff members and he told me he’d been told not to pay the deposit with the AIS.

"I just want clarity and so do the players. I feel for the players at both clubs. It’s a joke.

"I’ve still got control with the coaching of the players which is important.

"But everything else has been taken out of my control. My complaint is not about Souths. It’s about Wayne... he’s playing games."

https://ift.tt/2DUgtkY
//

No comments:

Post a Comment