Infotainment Factory: Geyer reveals toll of false sex tape claims

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Friday, 8 March 2019

Geyer reveals toll of false sex tape claims


//

Former NRL enforcer Mark Geyer says he hasn’t been able to eat all week following the devastation surrounding false allegations implicating his daughter in the Penrith sex tape scandal.

A furious Geyer has pursued legal action against Facebook page – NRL Memes - after it wrongly claimed that Geyer’s daughter Montanna, was one of the women featured in a video with Penrith players.

In response, Facebook shut down the page.

Penrith player Tyrone May has been charged with two counts of recording intimate image without consent and two counts of disseminate image without consent. He was also stood down under the NRL’s new ‘no-fault’ policy.

The Panthers premiership hero told Nine it had been a trying week and he struggled to sleep and eat, with his entire family deeply impacted.

The former Blues hard man admitted that he didn’t even know who was playing in the first round of the NRL because of stress relating to the false allegations. When asked if the hurt was compounded by the fact the rumours involved his “beloved” club, Geyer was blunt in his response.

“Not really, it hurt me because it involved my beloved daughter that’s the bottom line,” he said.

“I’m used to going through my own dramas but when it involves your family it’s a whole different ball game. As soon as they mentioned my daughter in the wrong way, I think it was my job as a father to right the wrong as any father would.”

Tyrone May

The Penrith Panthers issued a statement saying the club supported standing May down with Panthers boss Phil Gould tweeting a message of support to Geyer.

"Panthers acknowledges the seriousness of the charges and agrees the decision is in the best interests of the game," chairman David O'Neill said.

"May will continue to train with the club and we will work closely with the NRL and the RLPA to ensure his wellbeing."

It is alleged May filmed two women without their knowledge while he engaged in sexual acts at Coffs Harbour and Kingswood in western Sydney last year.

Both women were unaware they were being filmed and did not consent to the recording or its distribution.

They were made aware of the videos by friends and family over recent days and complained to police.

May has been granted bail and will face Penrith local court on May 1.

-with AAP

Former NRL enforcer Mark Geyer says he hasn’t been able to eat all week following the devastation surrounding false allegations implicating his daughter in the Penrith sex tape scandal.

A furious Geyer has pursued legal action against Facebook page – NRL Memes - after it wrongly claimed that Geyer’s daughter Montanna, was one of the women featured in a video with Penrith players.

In response, Facebook shut down the page.

Penrith player Tyrone May has been charged with two counts of recording intimate image without consent and two counts of disseminate image without consent. He was also stood down under the NRL’s new ‘no-fault’ policy.

The Panthers premiership hero told Nine it had been a trying week and he struggled to sleep and eat, with his entire family deeply impacted.

The former Blues hard man admitted that he didn’t even know who was playing in the first round of the NRL because of stress relating to the false allegations. When asked if the hurt was compounded by the fact the rumours involved his “beloved” club, Geyer was blunt in his response.

“Not really, it hurt me because it involved my beloved daughter that’s the bottom line,” he said.

“I’m used to going through my own dramas but when it involves your family it’s a whole different ball game. As soon as they mentioned my daughter in the wrong way, I think it was my job as a father to right the wrong as any father would.”

Tyrone May

The Penrith Panthers issued a statement saying the club supported standing May down with Panthers boss Phil Gould tweeting a message of support to Geyer.

"Panthers acknowledges the seriousness of the charges and agrees the decision is in the best interests of the game," chairman David O'Neill said.

"May will continue to train with the club and we will work closely with the NRL and the RLPA to ensure his wellbeing."

It is alleged May filmed two women without their knowledge while he engaged in sexual acts at Coffs Harbour and Kingswood in western Sydney last year.

Both women were unaware they were being filmed and did not consent to the recording or its distribution.

They were made aware of the videos by friends and family over recent days and complained to police.

May has been granted bail and will face Penrith local court on May 1.

-with AAP

https://ift.tt/2VOc8VZ
//

No comments:

Post a Comment