Infotainment Factory: McGregor's latest excuse for Khabib loss

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, 11 April 2019

McGregor's latest excuse for Khabib loss


//

UFC star Conor McGregor claims he broke his foot three weeks before his heavy loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229, drawing criticism from MMA fans who have mocked the Irishman for making excuses.

Nurmagomedov hammered the UFC star and forced him to tap out to a neck crank in the fourth round of their Las Vegas showdown last October in McGregor’s return to the octagon after nearly two years out of the sport.

And despite coming out now and saying he had a broken foot prior to the fight, McGregor had initially said after the loss that he had been beaten by the better man on the night.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1116144994715348992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

McGregor said: “I broke my foot three weeks out from the bout.

“I still marched forward however, and also landed the final blows of the night. On his blood brother.

“I am happy with how the contest went and the lessons learned. In my fighting and more importantly my preparation. Time will reveal all.”

But that wasn't good enough for MMA fans who were quick to point out to the Irish fighter that he looked fine in the lead up.

https://twitter.com/jack90539459/status/1116290715158495234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttps://twitter.com/muramasa599/status/1116184875365650433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttps://twitter.com/_ScottBond_/status/1116356594743283712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The post is further proof that McGregor is pushing for a rematch with Nurmagomedov.

Last month, McGregor blamed the loss against Khabib on his lack of motivation and said a rematch should take place because of the brawl that ensued after the match but this is the first time he's mentioned being injured.

In July 2015, carrying an ACL injury that left him unable to kick during his training, but he still knocked out Chad Mendes in two rounds for the UFC interim featherweight title, so we can't totally discount what he said.

Although, for a man who announced his retirement from UFC, he seems to be doing a lot of talking about the fight game which tends to suggest he'll be back in the octagon in no time.

Most fight fans are of the belief that his retirement announcement was purely as tactic to negotiate a better deal in his attempt to try and secure shares in the company.

UFC star Conor McGregor claims he broke his foot three weeks before his heavy loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229, drawing criticism from MMA fans who have mocked the Irishman for making excuses.

Nurmagomedov hammered the UFC star and forced him to tap out to a neck crank in the fourth round of their Las Vegas showdown last October in McGregor’s return to the octagon after nearly two years out of the sport.

And despite coming out now and saying he had a broken foot prior to the fight, McGregor had initially said after the loss that he had been beaten by the better man on the night.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1116144994715348992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

McGregor said: “I broke my foot three weeks out from the bout.

“I still marched forward however, and also landed the final blows of the night. On his blood brother.

“I am happy with how the contest went and the lessons learned. In my fighting and more importantly my preparation. Time will reveal all.”

But that wasn't good enough for MMA fans who were quick to point out to the Irish fighter that he looked fine in the lead up.

https://twitter.com/jack90539459/status/1116290715158495234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttps://twitter.com/muramasa599/status/1116184875365650433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfwhttps://twitter.com/_ScottBond_/status/1116356594743283712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The post is further proof that McGregor is pushing for a rematch with Nurmagomedov.

Last month, McGregor blamed the loss against Khabib on his lack of motivation and said a rematch should take place because of the brawl that ensued after the match but this is the first time he's mentioned being injured.

In July 2015, carrying an ACL injury that left him unable to kick during his training, but he still knocked out Chad Mendes in two rounds for the UFC interim featherweight title, so we can't totally discount what he said.

Although, for a man who announced his retirement from UFC, he seems to be doing a lot of talking about the fight game which tends to suggest he'll be back in the octagon in no time.

Most fight fans are of the belief that his retirement announcement was purely as tactic to negotiate a better deal in his attempt to try and secure shares in the company.

http://bit.ly/2KJk2Qb
//

No comments:

Post a Comment