Infotainment Factory: Starc sues for $1.5m over missed IPL windfall

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 8 April 2019

Starc sues for $1.5m over missed IPL windfall


//

Mitchell Starc is taking legal action to get back the $1.53 million he lost out on after missing last year's IPL season through injury.

The Age reports that the left-arm fast bowler is taking legal action in the Victorian County Court against the insurers of his lucrative deal to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the world's richest T20 tournament.

Starc failed to bowl a delivery during the tournament when he broke down with injury in the ill-fated series against South Africa, which was marred by the ball-tampering plot.

The quick suffered a calf complaint in the second Test in Port Elizabeth before succumbing to a fracture of his right tibial bone in the third Test in Cape Town.

According to court documents, Starc took out a $1.53 million policy, which was effective if he missed the IPL season through injury.

The New South Welshman is suing a syndicate of Lloyd's of London, a long-running insurance market where coverage can be bought for unique circumstances that traditional insurers don't insure against.

The writ states Starc paid a premium of $97,920 to be covered between February 27 and March 31 in 2018, when the tournament ended.

It's understood he was put through a full medical by the insurers and that a number of exclusions were in the contract for old injuries.

"The parties have exchanged correspondence about the plaintiff's claim which culminated in a final response from the defendant's representative in the form of an email sent on 22 November 2018," the writ said.

"That email confirmed the defendant's contention that the plaintiff is not entitled to the total disablement benefit."

Mitchell Starc is taking legal action to get back the $1.53 million he lost out on after missing last year's IPL season through injury.

The Age reports that the left-arm fast bowler is taking legal action in the Victorian County Court against the insurers of his lucrative deal to play for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the world's richest T20 tournament.

Starc failed to bowl a delivery during the tournament when he broke down with injury in the ill-fated series against South Africa, which was marred by the ball-tampering plot.

The quick suffered a calf complaint in the second Test in Port Elizabeth before succumbing to a fracture of his right tibial bone in the third Test in Cape Town.

According to court documents, Starc took out a $1.53 million policy, which was effective if he missed the IPL season through injury.

The New South Welshman is suing a syndicate of Lloyd's of London, a long-running insurance market where coverage can be bought for unique circumstances that traditional insurers don't insure against.

The writ states Starc paid a premium of $97,920 to be covered between February 27 and March 31 in 2018, when the tournament ended.

It's understood he was put through a full medical by the insurers and that a number of exclusions were in the contract for old injuries.

"The parties have exchanged correspondence about the plaintiff's claim which culminated in a final response from the defendant's representative in the form of an email sent on 22 November 2018," the writ said.

"That email confirmed the defendant's contention that the plaintiff is not entitled to the total disablement benefit."

http://bit.ly/2Kjmv3q
//

No comments:

Post a Comment