Infotainment Factory: Ricciardo facing huge lawsuit after manager split

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 22 July 2019

Ricciardo facing huge lawsuit after manager split


//

Daniel Ricciardo is facing an $18 million lawsuit from his former manager, relating to his surprise move to Renault for the 2019 Formula One season.

The Australian announced in August last year that he would leave Red Bull and join the French manufacturer, catching everyone in the F1 world off-guard.

Now Ricciardo’s former advisor Glenn Beavis has taken the seven-time GP winner to court, alleging he’s owed “various sums” over Ricciardo’s Renault deal.

Motorsport.com reports that United Kingdom High Court of Justice documents show that Beavis is claiming 20 per cent commission on Ricciardo’s Renault deal and other items which include a Renault road car and the cost of a physiotherapist.

In a statement to motorsport.com, Ricciardo said: “There is no substance to Glenn Beavis’ claim.

“It is unfortunate that he has decided to bring this wholly unmeritorious claim which I intend to fully defend in the court process.”

Beavis had managed Ricciardo’s affairs since 2012, with the Australian announcing earlier this year that he was now part of the CAA Sports stable.

Daniel Ricciardo has had a mixed season at Renault.

Beavis claims he began discussions about Ricciardo moving to Renault as far back as mid-2017, a year before the Australian announced his departure from Red Bull.

It’s claimed Ricciardo wanted to end his relationship with Beavis in December 2018, however that was delayed until January to allow Beavis time to complete a long-form agreement with Renault.

The court case comes as Ricciardo defends his decision to leave Red Bull and join Renault, saying his former team’s inability to challenge Mercedes in 2019 is proof he made the correct choice.

“People often come to me (and say): ‘Look at Max, he’s on the podium and you don’t even get close to it,” Ricciardo told Formule1.de.

“But do you know what it is? I am not saying this to get at Red Bull, but they are doing exactly the same as the past five years.

“Last year Red Bull had won three races around this time, now they have just taken the first win [Verstappen’s victory in Austria].

“So I would not have been better off if I had stayed with Red Bull. That is also my point: unless you drive for Mercedes, as a driver you can never be completely satisfied, because Mercedes dominates.

“I certainly do not regret my switch to Renault.”

Daniel Ricciardo is facing an $18 million lawsuit from his former manager, relating to his surprise move to Renault for the 2019 Formula One season.

The Australian announced in August last year that he would leave Red Bull and join the French manufacturer, catching everyone in the F1 world off-guard.

Now Ricciardo’s former advisor Glenn Beavis has taken the seven-time GP winner to court, alleging he’s owed “various sums” over Ricciardo’s Renault deal.

Motorsport.com reports that United Kingdom High Court of Justice documents show that Beavis is claiming 20 per cent commission on Ricciardo’s Renault deal and other items which include a Renault road car and the cost of a physiotherapist.

In a statement to motorsport.com, Ricciardo said: “There is no substance to Glenn Beavis’ claim.

“It is unfortunate that he has decided to bring this wholly unmeritorious claim which I intend to fully defend in the court process.”

Beavis had managed Ricciardo’s affairs since 2012, with the Australian announcing earlier this year that he was now part of the CAA Sports stable.

Daniel Ricciardo has had a mixed season at Renault.

Beavis claims he began discussions about Ricciardo moving to Renault as far back as mid-2017, a year before the Australian announced his departure from Red Bull.

It’s claimed Ricciardo wanted to end his relationship with Beavis in December 2018, however that was delayed until January to allow Beavis time to complete a long-form agreement with Renault.

The court case comes as Ricciardo defends his decision to leave Red Bull and join Renault, saying his former team’s inability to challenge Mercedes in 2019 is proof he made the correct choice.

“People often come to me (and say): ‘Look at Max, he’s on the podium and you don’t even get close to it,” Ricciardo told Formule1.de.

“But do you know what it is? I am not saying this to get at Red Bull, but they are doing exactly the same as the past five years.

“Last year Red Bull had won three races around this time, now they have just taken the first win [Verstappen’s victory in Austria].

“So I would not have been better off if I had stayed with Red Bull. That is also my point: unless you drive for Mercedes, as a driver you can never be completely satisfied, because Mercedes dominates.

“I certainly do not regret my switch to Renault.”

https://ift.tt/2SvMqFq
//

No comments:

Post a Comment