live Infotainment Factory: Coniglio gives update on free agency decision

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 26 August 2019

Coniglio gives update on free agency decision


//

In-demand GWS Giants star Stephen Coniglio has broken his silence of his much-awaited free-agency decision, refuting rumours that he has ruled any team out.

Coniglio is widely tipped to be headed to either Carlton or Hawthorn if he does indeed leave the Giants, and set the record straight on reports suggesting he had narrowed down his choice.

"I'm grateful that I have options," he told Nine News.

"I haven't ruled anything out just yet, but I'm getting closer to making that call for sure.

"I actually haven't been reading much, I've been trying to stay away from it as much as possible."

Coniglio has been reportedly offered a lucrative deal in the vicinity of over $1 million by both Carlton and Hawthorn, and said he is inching closer to his final decision.

"It has to be (closer) because I'm running out of time, but I'm feeling good with it all," he said.

"I can't say too much more, but I'm feeling good with it all in terms of time-wise and I'm comfortable with how things sit at the moment."

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan raised eyebrows last week after he suggested that Coniglio should remain with the Giants, but the 25-year-old said the league boss' opinion would not impact his final decision.

"It was interesting," he said.

"I've met (McLachlan) a few times ... Obviously being the AFL CEO, some people might have had some criticism of (his comments), but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

"At the end of the day, I have to be happy and comfortable with the call I make."

Josh Kelly Stephen Coniglio

Coniglio is facing a race against time to be healthy for the Giants' elimination final showdown against the Western Bulldogs, and is one of several stars Leon Cameron is hoping to have at his disposal in a fortnight.

The star midfielder revealed that he had begun running for the first time since the injury he suffered back in Round 17 against Richmond, but admitted he was "more unlikely than likely" to play against the Bulldogs.

"It's good to get out there because there's things you take for granted like walking," he said.

"I'm feeling really good. I'll give myself the best chance and hopefully we'll get a few guys back and it's a good first final for us.

"I don't want to rush it and put extra pressure or load on the knee. The good thing is that we get that extra week, but I'm definitely more unlikely than likely."

In-demand GWS Giants star Stephen Coniglio has broken his silence of his much-awaited free-agency decision, refuting rumours that he has ruled any team out.

Coniglio is widely tipped to be headed to either Carlton or Hawthorn if he does indeed leave the Giants, and set the record straight on reports suggesting he had narrowed down his choice.

"I'm grateful that I have options," he told Nine News.

"I haven't ruled anything out just yet, but I'm getting closer to making that call for sure.

"I actually haven't been reading much, I've been trying to stay away from it as much as possible."

Coniglio has been reportedly offered a lucrative deal in the vicinity of over $1 million by both Carlton and Hawthorn, and said he is inching closer to his final decision.

"It has to be (closer) because I'm running out of time, but I'm feeling good with it all," he said.

"I can't say too much more, but I'm feeling good with it all in terms of time-wise and I'm comfortable with how things sit at the moment."

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan raised eyebrows last week after he suggested that Coniglio should remain with the Giants, but the 25-year-old said the league boss' opinion would not impact his final decision.

"It was interesting," he said.

"I've met (McLachlan) a few times ... Obviously being the AFL CEO, some people might have had some criticism of (his comments), but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

"At the end of the day, I have to be happy and comfortable with the call I make."

Josh Kelly Stephen Coniglio

Coniglio is facing a race against time to be healthy for the Giants' elimination final showdown against the Western Bulldogs, and is one of several stars Leon Cameron is hoping to have at his disposal in a fortnight.

The star midfielder revealed that he had begun running for the first time since the injury he suffered back in Round 17 against Richmond, but admitted he was "more unlikely than likely" to play against the Bulldogs.

"It's good to get out there because there's things you take for granted like walking," he said.

"I'm feeling really good. I'll give myself the best chance and hopefully we'll get a few guys back and it's a good first final for us.

"I don't want to rush it and put extra pressure or load on the knee. The good thing is that we get that extra week, but I'm definitely more unlikely than likely."

https://ift.tt/2MD5lOt
//

No comments:

Post a Comment