live Infotainment Factory: Knights coaching farce ended by club

Trending

>

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, 26 August 2019

Knights coaching farce ended by club


//

ponga'sless than 24 The farcical coaching situation at Newcastle has been ended by the club, with confirmation Nathan Brown's exit has been brought forward.

Assistant coach Kristian Woolf will take over in a caretaker capacity for the remainder of the season.

Brown and the club last week agreed to part ways at the end of this season but that decision was undermined by a 46-4 thumping at the hands of the Wests Tigers on Saturday when finals were still in the equation.

Gal sounds off on Knights

The fierce media reaction to Brown's departure, with reports suggesting the coach had been knifed due to the influence of a powerful player manager as well as the club's recruitment boss, also appears to have played a part in the decision to bring the 46-year-old's departure forward.

The Knights this afternoon released a statement confirming the news.

"The nib Newcastle Knights can confirm coach Nathan Brown has departed the club effective immediately," the statement said. 

"This decision has been made in conjunction with Brown in the best interest of the club.

"Kristian Woolf will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the 2019 season."

Brown's exit comes less than 24 hours after a Daily Telegraph report claimed Brown had told Knights players immediately after their shocking loss to the Tigers that he would leave immediately if they felt it was in the best interest of the team.

According to the report Brown left that offer in the hands of the club's senior players to think over for the rest of the weekend and had not got a response at the time the report was filed.

That may now be viewed as a vote of no confidence after the Knights made the call to cut Brown loose with two matches remaining in the regular season.

There has been plenty of speculation about Brown's relationship breakdown at the club, with Newcastle legend Andrew Johns strong in his view that management had sabotaged the side's finals chances with its handling of the matter.

Brown also to blame at Knights: Fittler

"The way it's been handled is, for me, really confusing and disappointing. The politics which has gone on behind the scenes ... you hear whispers of what's going on and you've got to shake your head," Johns said on Channel Nine on Saturday night.

"The name that keeps popping up is Troy Pezet. I don't know what qualifications he's got or where he's come from, but his name keeps popping up in this.

"Someone has to come out publicly and be accountable for what's happened, because they were on the verge of making the semi-finals. That has been sabotaged. There's no chance now."

ponga'sless than 24 The farcical coaching situation at Newcastle has been ended by the club, with confirmation Nathan Brown's exit has been brought forward.

Assistant coach Kristian Woolf will take over in a caretaker capacity for the remainder of the season.

Brown and the club last week agreed to part ways at the end of this season but that decision was undermined by a 46-4 thumping at the hands of the Wests Tigers on Saturday when finals were still in the equation.

Gal sounds off on Knights

The fierce media reaction to Brown's departure, with reports suggesting the coach had been knifed due to the influence of a powerful player manager as well as the club's recruitment boss, also appears to have played a part in the decision to bring the 46-year-old's departure forward.

The Knights this afternoon released a statement confirming the news.

"The nib Newcastle Knights can confirm coach Nathan Brown has departed the club effective immediately," the statement said. 

"This decision has been made in conjunction with Brown in the best interest of the club.

"Kristian Woolf will take over as interim coach for the remainder of the 2019 season."

Brown's exit comes less than 24 hours after a Daily Telegraph report claimed Brown had told Knights players immediately after their shocking loss to the Tigers that he would leave immediately if they felt it was in the best interest of the team.

According to the report Brown left that offer in the hands of the club's senior players to think over for the rest of the weekend and had not got a response at the time the report was filed.

That may now be viewed as a vote of no confidence after the Knights made the call to cut Brown loose with two matches remaining in the regular season.

There has been plenty of speculation about Brown's relationship breakdown at the club, with Newcastle legend Andrew Johns strong in his view that management had sabotaged the side's finals chances with its handling of the matter.

Brown also to blame at Knights: Fittler

"The way it's been handled is, for me, really confusing and disappointing. The politics which has gone on behind the scenes ... you hear whispers of what's going on and you've got to shake your head," Johns said on Channel Nine on Saturday night.

"The name that keeps popping up is Troy Pezet. I don't know what qualifications he's got or where he's come from, but his name keeps popping up in this.

"Someone has to come out publicly and be accountable for what's happened, because they were on the verge of making the semi-finals. That has been sabotaged. There's no chance now."

https://ift.tt/2ZttEAv
//

No comments:

Post a Comment